Monday, July 7, 2008

Wiki wacky

Most interesting to me was the Library Success/Best Practices wiki. It was very sensible to gather all the comments there such as having a staff intranet for a group project, instruction, planning and promoting collaboration. It encourages participation among all library staff.
A wiki also seems easier to use than tags or social bookmarking sites. On the other hand, having anyone able to interject "facts" without stated authority is misleading for those trying to write papers and reports. Bad news for students using wikis. I personally would not recommend them to anyone.

PBCLS Wiki was fun... favorite books, food, mangos etc. However, I had to enter my blog twice. It wouldn't take me to the blog site for some reason. I deleted it and did it again with my trusty helper.

No comments: